"Yum-yum." My sweet Lucky, a wild tree squirrel, is living in a Present Moment.

Monday, June 25, 2012

What Happiness Means

It is a so banal question.  What does happiness mean?
I re-realized it when I watched Robert Sheinfeld's video.  People want more money, more material things, good job, good fame or reputation, good relationships ... endless.  Why?  Ultimately, because we all want to be happy.  More money means more power to buy anything we want, which can surely satisfy our desire.  We believe such satisfaction means happiness.  Whenever we chase that kind of satisfaction, we could never be fully satisfied with our life, though. 

I contemplate my current life.  I don't have anything like what I mentioned above now, except for a good relationship with my husband (which actually is the most valualbe).  I don't have anything luxury and fancy from materialistic veiwpoints, and I don't even have financial security for the future.  But, how luxury my life is now! 
I always do have Happiness with my hand.  I forget it whenever my ego criticises my current life, which often happens unfortunately.  My ego wants me look better from public view and has more monetal security. 
I am getting more aware of illusions and just human games in this world now.

No comments:

Post a Comment