"Yum-yum." My sweet Lucky, a wild tree squirrel, is living in a Present Moment.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What is enlightenment??

Someone I met at the spiritual discussion group of meetup Joel started said that there is not such a thing as enlightenment exist.  He has been in the spiritual path for 35 years or something, and obviously he knows a lot and has very profound understanding on spiritual stuff with actual experiences.  He said enlightened teachers out there (as they claimed) are not real.  There is no such a teacher.

I am sure many teachers should have strong objection on that view, and, of course, so does Joel. 

Fukuda sensei said it is impossible to get enlighten with the human body.  It can be reached only when we leave the body.
I kind of think it could be a matter of the language.  I don't think everyone has the exactly same concept or understanding on enlightenment.  Once we try to explain it or speak about it, using the language, it is a product of Mind Machine of each person anyway. 
So, what enlightenment means should vary according to each individual.  It is obviously beyond words. 

Ok, I don't care about what words could be used, but I just want to Experience and Be in that state.  Robert Scheinfeld says enlightenment or spiritual awakening is not something like "state" or to be attained, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment