"Yum-yum." My sweet Lucky, a wild tree squirrel, is living in a Present Moment.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Explanation about Enlightenment in Shingon way

Joel and I went to see Fukuda Sensei of Sacramento Koyasan Temple today.
The explanation about enlightenment in Shingon Buddhism way Sensei gave was interesting.  He used a metaphor of the computer.  Small self as "me" including ego and any characteristics of "me" is something like compilation of software applications.  Each application is in memory that originates from all the past lives, which contains a lot of karmatic relations.  Emptiness is the state of DOS before any applications start up.  It is just a blackout screen.
Enlightenment is the state where we understand the whole system of the Universe. 
Complete enlightenment, as Shakyamuni Buddha attained, is impossible with the human body for general people.  However, once we die and the physical body is dissolved, all can experience the enlightenment state as Consciousness.

Shingon Mikkyo teaches the path to get enlightenment in its way.  There are many ways to get there, just like there are multiple ways to climb the top of a mountain, but we need to choose one way.  If we just keep trying to search many ways, we couldn't reach the summit.
Hmmm.  I have been searching my own to reach the summit.  I have been trying so many things.  Should I have only one??

No comments:

Post a Comment